Weekly Quercus Updates
This week: New buttons on Quercus sidebar, CanvasCon, New Training and Documentation Blogs/Webinars!
In this Weekly Update:
- New Buttons on Quercus Sidebar
- Checking Recording Processing Status
- Training, Documentation, Communication
New Buttons on Quercus Sidebar
We have two new buttons (Student Mental Health & UCheck) on the Quercus right-hand navigation! Be sure to check them out.
- Student Mental Health
- A self assessment portal to support the health & safety of our community as students and faculty gradually return to campus this fall
Recording Processing Status
Last week, BB Collaborate released an update which added a recording processing status. You can see if a recording is still processing or ready to watch from the Recordings page.
CanvasCon will be held online this year! All sessions will be recorded and anyone can register.
Schedule for October 15th
- Keynote: 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Live Partner & Product Hall: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- Breakouts: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
See here for a more detailed agenda highlighting all the sessions. All sessions will be available on demand on October 16th.
Training, Documentation, Communication
New Documentation from FASE ETO
Contact North: Why Technology is NOT the Answer
- This webinar will be held by Contact North on October 22 1-2pm. Join Dr. Paul Prinsloo and Audrey Watters as they explore the future of higher education and the role EdTech will play in the future and how we can prevent the excess of EdTech in relation to surveillance and promotion of insecurity.
Contact North: How to Teach Online Effectively Using Zoom
- Join Contact North on October 29, 2-3pm as they explore effective methods to engage with students using Zoom. A basic knowledge of how-to-setup and join a Zoom meeting is assumed.
Teaching and Learning Conference (formerly Online Learning)
- This unique conference, held on December 8 & 9th, connects organizations with senior decision makers in corporate learning, training and development and academic online learning. You can choose from 30 interactive and practical sessions as we cover all topics around online learning.
Have a Quercus (or EdTech) question? Please contact FASE's EdTech Office.