START STRONG MODULES | From Concept to Course
Enroll in Start Strong now!
Start Strong (enroll in the Quercus course) is a series of self-directed modules, short demos, and hands-on workshops, designed to get you ready to teach your courses. They are heavy on practical implementation, but also feature key instructional design principles to help you develop the Quercus course(s) that reflect you and your teaching style.
1. Self-paced modules
The four core modules hosted in this Quercus course introduce you to key concepts for building your course. In each module, you will complete 1 to 3 essential tasks to help you advance with your course design and set-up. You can also explore additional resources to support course planning and design. You can access these modules after you have been enrolled in the Start Strong Quecus course. For an orientation to the course, begin with the Getting Started module. Then, work through the other modules in sequence.
2. Learning together events
In addition to the Start Strong Quercus course, we have developed a series of three, 90-minute, synchronous (live) facilitated workshops hosted on Zoom. These sessions build on the self-paced activities in the modules to let you progress with your course design. These will typically include a short demo, followed by guided practice and discussion activities. While you can use the modules at any time during the year, the Learning Together synchronous sessions will be scheduled periodically throughout the year.
What will I do in Plan (Module 01)?
- Define your course format & modalities
- Explore tools for face-to-face, online, and hybrid modalities
- Draft your course learning outcomes (OPTIONAL)
- Schedule a consultation with the ETO to review your outcomes (OPTIONAL)
What will I do in Build (Module 02)?
- Explore a course template and learn how to modify it to suit your needs
- Organize your course content for ease of access
- Create course content, including modules, and pages
- Attend a synchronous session; based on cohort (OPTIONAL)
What should I do to get started?
What will I do in Engage (Module 04)?
Want to level up your Quercus course?
Have you considered trying a Quercus course template? Course templates can be useful starting points. They can be imported as a file into your sandbox or course and then edited, as desired.
How to use this template:
- Navigate to the FASE Quercus Template Course
- Export the Quercus Course
- Import the Quercus Course into your course shell (or sandbox)