What is the FASE Lecture Capture Program?
The Lecture Capture Program supports instructors within the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering who would like to record their live course sessions and share this footage back to the students for the duration of their course. It is not intended for one off or special request captures (see how to request special filming requests). With the release of a built-in, in room content capture tool (see how to administer OpenCast, supported by the team at Learning Space Management (LSM)), the FASE Lecture Capture Program limits lecture capture to courses that a) include a high volume of non-digitally presented content (e.g. chalkboard, demonstrations) or b) occur in non-LSM classroom spaces. The ETO team will schedule for as many courses as possible, as determined by scheduling limitations.
How does the FASE Lecture Capture Program work?
The FASE Lecture Program is designed to be as easy on the instructor as possible. Here's an overview of the process:
- Before Term Begins (e.g., August) - Instructors request participation in the Lecture Capture Program for the upcoming fall and winter terms (we send another request in December for January, but you're welcome to sign up early).
- During the Term (e.g., September to December) - ETO Staff physically attend each of your classes. We provide a wireless microphone and film the class activity (from a non-invasive location). We edit and share the recording via your Quercus course (on your preferred hosting solution).
- After the Term Ends (e.g., January) - ETO staff will contact you to discuss how and if you'd like to archive your recordings. We arrange to transfer your content to you for long-term storage.
Join the FASE Lecture Capture Program
Last call for Winter 2023 participation! This form closes on Friday, December 09, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST.Join the Lecture Capture Program
Lecture Capture Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
See responses to the frequently asked questions regarding the Lecture Capture Program:
- How can lecture capture support learner accommodations?
If you are thinking about lecture capture as part of an accommodation plan (serving a portion versus your whole class), please see our overview of alternate lecture capture solutions that are self-managed without ETO in-person support (we're happy to help you test your set up and process and provide advice on which solution works for your style of teaching).
- What does the research says about lecture capture?
See our overview of the impact of lecture capture on your course, addressing some common concerns that come with lecture capture.
Have a question? We'd love to help! Contact us by email (email@example.com) or book a consultation.