In this module, you will learn how wind climate influences the design of our infrastructure from an structural engineer's perspective.
Learn more about what this module is about:
- Describe how wind loads are induced on structures.
- Understand the importance to consider wind loads for the design of structures.
- Identify different tools we use to study aerodynamic effects of wind on structures.
- Follow the Alan G. Davenport Wind Loading Chain and describe how wind climate affects wind loads on structures.
- Define different design criteria for tall buildings.
Preview this Module
Please note that this preview is intended for exploration purposes only. If you'd like to use this module in one of your courses, to ensure playback and tracking, you must upload the SCORM package (downloadable below) to your institution's Learning Management System (ex. Blackboard, D2L, Moodle, etc).